As gamers, we spend hours and hours completing a mission and stop only when we are done, not when we are tired. After playing long hours of games, many players have reported feeling a tenderness between the thumb and the wrist area.
Sometimes, it goes away on its own, but sometimes it may persist and cause a lot more trouble while performing day-to-day activities. This problem is called “gamers’ thumb” or “texting thumb,” and is medically known as De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis.
This problem is quite common nowadays as many people tend to be more engaged in their phones or games. Moreover, it is more common in women. But you do not have to worry; unless you have a serious condition, you do not necessarily require de Quervain’s tenosynovitis surgery to fix it.
Symptoms of De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis
The following are symptoms of De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis:
- Having pain near the base of the thumb.
- The base of your thumb near your wrist has a swelling.
- Throbbing pain when moving the joystick or doing some basic activities, such as pinching or grabbing a drink.
- Uneven or stop-and-go sensation in the thumb.
Home Treatment Equipment for De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis
When you notice pain or tenderness in the area between your thumb and wrist, it may be an early symptom of texting thumb. But don’t worry; you do not have to book an appointment for de Quervain’s tenosynovitis surgery. The early stages of this can be treated at home by using the following items:
- De Quervain’s Wand
After deeply studying the reason and cause of De Quervain, we created a revolutionary De Quervain’s Wand that helps gamers get relief from a painful thumb and ease the tension on the tendons. These wands are especially effective for providing relief from continuous stretching and tenderness in the thumb by providing gentle massage and infrared therapy over the affected area.
- De Quervain’s Jelly
De Quervain’s Jelly is designed to be used before beginning infrared and ultrasound therapy to ease the pain. Apply the jelly to the affected area before using the wand, and once you are done massaging the pain, wash the area and clean it properly.
- De Quervain’s Tape
It is important to keep the thumb in its extended position for comfort and healing. In addition, it helps limit excessive movement and promotes healing. As we all know, for tendons to heal, we need to restrict their movements. So, the De Quervain’s Tape helps fix the thumb in place and is easy to wear the whole day.
How to use De Quervain’s treatment kit at home?
We have designed the whole treatment kit so that anyone can use it. So here, we will explain how to use the kit in a simple way. We also recommend you avoid gaming for some time while your treatment is taking place to further help avoid the need to undergo de Quervain’s tenosynovitis surgery.
- Start by washing your hands and drying them clean.
- Put the De Quervain’s Jelly on your thumb and the affected area. Remember to use enough gel to allow smooth gliding of the wand.
- Take the De Quervain’s Wand and massage the affected area gently. You mustn’t press hard on the affected area. Simply glide it over the affected area and let it work. Relax your hand while the treatment is going on.
- After massaging the area, clean the gel and allow it to dry. Then take the De Quervain’s Tape and cut a strip long enough to go from the tip of the thumb to the joint of the wrist.
- Stretch your thumb straight, place one end of the tape over your thumb’s tip, and stretch it to the base of your thumb. Remember to stick the ends of the tape before sticking the center of the tape to keep the tension and help relax your thumb.
This is how you can use a De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis Treatment Kit to fix de Quervain’s tenosynovitis. Continuously using them can help you avoid the need to undergo de Quervain’s tenosynovitis surgery. As a gamer, your thumb is a crucial part of your arsenal. So, our treatment kit can help you relax the tense muscles and improve your gaming experience.