Conceptualize that you are facing pain every time you move your wrist, similar to a bone crack. You would wish to get it moved, but the oppressive pain may restrict the movement. Are you taking your wrist for granted?
In simple words, it can be described as one of the common symptoms of De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis and is one of the heights of pain. Many people suffer from this condition globally. We will here guide you about how you can get De Quervain Tenosynovitis natural treatment at home.
De Quervain Tenosynovitis Explained
The common name is De Quervain Tenosynovitis, otherwise known as De Quervain syndrome, gamers’ thumb, mommy’s thumb, or texting thumb. Its occurrence is linked to tendon inflammation which causes pain in the area where the thumb meets the hand palm. A person will experience more pain as the swelling of tendons, that rub upon the narrow tunnels as they pass through it. The pain can further move towards the lower arm.
If not handled properly, the pain will rise with the gripping or rotation of the wrist. As a result, you will not find difficulty in using the thumb, hand, or wrist.
Are There any Warning Signs?
The gamers’ thumb symptoms vary for every individual. You will be more clear about the signs from the following list!
- Swelling at the thumb base, where the thumb meets the hand’s palm
- Deadness on the backside of thumb and index finger
- Pain with the hand or wrist movement
- Weak gripping strength
- A creaking sound when the inflamed tendons get to rub against the narrow tunnel
Know the Causes
- Any medical reason such as arthritis can cause the syndrome
- Women are more prone to the condition as compared to men, reports say that
- A recent mother is more likely to suffer from the condition when she has to carry her baby around. Hormones in pregnant women can cause De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis
- Middle-age people are more prone to the condition
- Individuals who are involved in hobbies or work that may twist their wrist can result in the occurrence of the condition
- If you have gone through a wrist injury, chances that you get affected by it are high
How to Test the Condition?
Before jumping to the treatment, you need to make sure that you have De Quervain syndrome. A test, known as the Finkelstein test can clarify the condition. For this, you have to rest your thumb across the palm and make a fist. If there is a feeling of tender, it gives the possibility of having the syndrome.
How Get it Treated at Home?
- When dealing with the syndrome, the inflammation needs to get reduced. How you can go for De Quervain’s tenosynovitis home remedy is by applying ice over the affected area. It cools down the tendons and also reduces the swelling. This can lead to a fast recovery in the treatment procedure.
- The next best treatment option is to give rest to the hand or finger activities for few weeks. You can go for splinting that can be used at home. It provides support to the affected area and helps to heal the condition.
- Exercise has a long list of benefits for every problem. Here, it will be giving strength back to the tendons. Doing exercise on regular basis will help you in speedy recovery. Consult a physiotherapist that can help you with some beneficial exercises for getting relief.
- De Quervain’s Wand is the new home solution offering De Quervain Tenosynovitis natural treatment to the patients. A handy portable device that incorporates far-infrared frequency and offers a safe cure. For best results, it needs to be used in the earlier stages.
Hope you have got all the treatment information that can help to relieve the symptom. It is obvious that not every person is aware of the condition and mix it up with other conditions. Keep an eye on the symptoms and getting it consulted with the doctor is recommended. To know more about the De Quervain’s wand and its features/benefits, you can check out the website.